hybrid worship (online & in-person)
At St. Thomas, we offer a weekly, in-person worship service on Sunday at 9:30 AM. This service of Holy Eucharist is also accessible remotely through the livestream on the St. Thomas Facebook page. When attending in-person, please arrive 10 minutes early to complete the required check-in before entering the church building.
Reservations to attend the upcoming Sunday Worship In-Person are strongly recommended and can be made online by clicking the button below or by calling the church at (425) 454-9541 during office hours: Monday - Thursday from 9 am to 4 pm.
- Each person must complete check-in to self-screen, verify contact information, and pick-up a nametag prior to entering the church building.
- Check-in takes place in the south lobby of the Ebsworth Life Center.
- Indoors on the St. Thomas campus, masks are optional for individuals who are fully-vaccinated.
- All seating is open in the church building.
Sunday worship (which includes continued virtual worship and the in-person service) is a complex, frequently-changing undertaking and the St. Thomas staff and Vestry have worked countless hours with great care and diligence to provide a safe and healthy in-person option while maintaining high standards for remote worship. Everyone's cooperation in ensuring a safe and welcoming environment for worship is vital.
Virtual Worship Services
Many in our community and beyond have come to appreciate the livestreams of our worship services. We are committed to providing quality virtual experiences and have recently installed permanent, high-quality audio/visual equipment. If you prefer to worship from the comfort of home with coffee in hand---and we know you’re out there---please know we remain committed to providing this option. Click the button below to tune in to the livestream service on Sunday mornings at 9:30 AM, or watch the recording on Facebook at your convenience.
Guidelines for In-Person Services
Read below for comprehensive details for limited, in-person worship at St. Thomas. Patience and flexibility will be required of each of us. As Father Lex likes say, let's strive to embody the 13th Beatitude, “Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.” Here is what to expect:
- A reservation is preferred for every person (adult or child) for each service. Reservation registration for an upcoming service is available online and by phone (425-454-9541) during the church's office hours: Monday through Thursday from 9 am to 4 pm.
- Last minute reservations and walk-up attendees are always welcome.
- Check-in prior to each worship service or event is required of all attendees, volunteers, and staff. Aarrive about 10 minutes early to complete the quick and easy check-in process.
- For the time being, all worship services and formation activities will be fully remote or have both in-person and online participation options so everyone can be included.
- Anyone with a medical condition that makes them vulnerable to COVID-19, who feels unwell, or who is not comfortable attending worship in-person is encouraged to participate in online worship. St. Thomas will continue to provide online resources and support.
While On Campus
- Masks are optional for individuals who are fully vaccinated. Everyone else is required to wear a mask over their mouth and nose while indoors. Disposable masks are available.
- An exception to the mask requirement will be made only for children age 2 and under, anyone with a breathing issue related to mask wearing, or anyone unable to remove a mask without assistance as per the Washington State guidelines.
- Without exception, priests, preachers, lectors, intercessors, ushers, and all staff have all been fully vaccinated or will remain masked when participating in a worship service.
Before The Service
- Each person must be checked-in before entering the church building.
- Check-in takes place in the south lobby of the Ebsworth Life Center (ELC.)
- Anyone who answers "Yes" to any of the posted COVID-19 self-screening questions is not eligible to attend in-person services or events.
- Check-in may include confirming a phone number and email for contact-tracing purposes.
- If COVID-19 exposure is confirmed, all attendees will be notified by phone or email, and the church and ELC will be closed per local guidelines.
- No-touch hand sanitizer dispensers are provided in the entries of the church building and ELC.
- Paper bulletins are provided at check-in.
During the Service
- Windows will be open to promote air circulation so dress accordingly.
- During the "Peace" greet others outside your household without touching.
- Wait for an invitation from an usher to enter the line for the Eucharist.
- Individual communion wafers (including a GF option) are offered during the Eucharist. For now, wine will not be offered to worshippers.
- The livestream equipment may interfere with sight lines from the back of the nave.
- Remove all items from seats or pews – paper can be recycled in the bins at the exits.
Restrooms & Additional Facilities
- The south lobby during check-in and the large restrooms in the southeast corner are the only portions of the Ebsworth Life Center accessible to worship service attendees.
- In-person formation (for adults, youth, or children) and staffed childcare is not yet offered on Sunday mornings, but is expected to return for the 2021-2022 program year.
- Disposable activity kits are provided for children who want one.
Additional St. Thomas Safety Measures
- High touch areas in the church and ELC are disinfected frequently.
- During in-person services and events, doors and/or windows will be open to increase ventilation and minimize touching.
- Restrooms are equipped with touchless fixtures.
- All clergy, staff, and volunteers receive ongoing COVID-19 safety training.